Beat the Writers: Terms and ConditionsBy registering to participate in the Football Writers' Association's Beat the Writers prediction game governed by these terms and conditions and the Game Rules (as defined below) ("the Game") you hereby agree to be bound by and to abide by the following terms and conditions.
Applications and Registration
1. All applications to participate in the Game must be made online on the Beat the Writers app available at the Apple App Store and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions. No applications to enter made in any other manner will be accepted. Where your application is accepted, you will become known as a "Player" in the terms below.
2. Entry into the Game is open to UK residents only. As there is no prize, employees (and their immediate families) of the FWA and Fast Web Media are eligible to play.
3. No purchase of any item or service is necessary in order to enter the Game and no payment is required from you to enter the Game. The sole consideration required from you is that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the Game Rules as defined below at clause 9.
4. Entries must not be submitted by agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or entries not received for any reason. Any such entries will be deemed void (concerning which the decision of the FWA shall be final).
5. Any personal information which you submit will be controlled in accordance with UK legislation governing online privacy. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not disclose your personal information to any other Player unless we are required to do so by a competent authority or court within the United Kingdom.
The Game Rules
9. The Game will be governed by the Game Rules which can be seen in full here. The FWA reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the Game Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion in the event of any circumstances beyond its reasonable control arising or where it considers it desirable to do so. You agree that no liability shall attach to the FWA as a result of any such change and so are advised to check the Game Rules regularly from time to time. The Game Rules form part of these terms and conditions.
10. The FWA will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of the Game Rules and any aspect of the content of, or playing of, the Game. The FWA will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Game Rules including but not limited to the allocation of points to any Player and/or any ranking or league table shall be final and conclusive.
Applicants Under 18 Years of Age
11. If you are under 18 years of age then you are welcome to enter the Game, but you should carefully read these terms, and ensure that your parent or responsible guardian also do so, before submitting your application.
Responsibility and Remedies
12. The extent of the FWA's responsibility to you has been determined in the context of the following:
the Game is provided to you free of charge;
you are responsible for any action you do or do not take as a result of the Game and the information therein;
you are responsible for ensuring that your equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software.
13. While the FWA will endeavour to ensure that the Game is available to you at all times and that the contents are correct and accurate, it cannot make any legal commitment to you that this will be the case. However, the FWA will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to you.
14. The FWA cannot accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your entry to the Game:
loss which was not foreseeable to you and the FWA when you first applied for the Game (even if that loss results from the FWA's failure to comply with these terms or its negligence);
any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits, or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of the FWA's default);
loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence or breach of statutory duty;
any loss which you may suffer as a result of, or in connection with, or arising out of any Prize.
15. Nothing in these terms will limit the FWA's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or if they deliberately lied to you before you entered.
16. Any breach by you of the Game Rules from time to time shall also be a breach of these terms and conditions.
17. In the event of any breach by you of these terms and conditions the FWA reserves the right to:
refuse entry to the Game;
disqualify you from the Game;
If you are barred or disqualified from entry, you shall not be eligible to participate in the Game under any other identity. Any such decision by the FWA shall be final.
18. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.